- 2.5 - 3.5 hour walking tour
- Tastings and one pairing included (alcoholic/non alcoholic options)
- Professional guide
- Vegetarian options available
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Georgetown, Washington DC, DC 20007
Explore Georgetown, learning about its early iconic years ranging from the town's flour mills, meat packing district, and C&O Canal, to Julia Childs' house as we stroll off-the-beaten path for a taste from local eateries.
Pass By: C & O Canal, Washington DC, DC
Starting at 2:00pm, set off on foot, walking a total of about 1.5 miles (2.5 km) with your guide, at a comfortable pace. You'll stop about every 20 minutes to visit a local eatery. We may stand or sit, depending upon the stop, while indulging in a total of four to five tantalizing food samples and one wine or Spritz pairing.
Pass By: Mangia DC Food Tours, Washington DC, DC 20008
Between tastings, learn from your guide about Georgetown, its culture and architecture. Afterward, you're free to explore more on your own!
This 'eat like a local' food tour features a local deli, an Indian-owned twenty-year institution, International Spice and Olive Oil, Italian Cafe and Grocery Store, and a highly recognized military-focused American bakery. Specific establishments may vary.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 21 years; all participants must present a valid photo ID to consume alcohol
- Stroller accessible
- Please specify any dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field at time of checkout
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination participate
- Not for travelers that have issues walking
- Everyone (including fully vaccinated people) must wear masks indoors at all D.C. restaurants (when not eating or drinking)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking