Much of the history of Glen Park and Glen Canyon is closely intertwined, from early open-range cattle grazing and "milch" ranches, to an explosive direct link with today's prestigious Nobel Prizes, to a radical sales gimmick for selling home lots that included just about everything from lions and bears to trick shooters and high-flying aeronauts! In addition to the area's remarkable cultural history, we'll also discover some of the highlights of the canyon's natural history as we trek through.
The tour is ready whenever you are and the audio plays automatically at exactly the right time and place using your smartphone's GPS and the VoiceMap mobile app, which also works offline.
- Lifetime access to The Remarkable History of San Francisco's Glen Park and Glen Canyon tour
- VoiceMap Application
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Glen Canyon Park, Elk St, San Francisco, CA 94127
The village of Glen Park is the gateway to a hidden gem of 70 acres of open space known as Glen Canyon, of which 60 acres is officially designated as a Significant Natural Resource Area.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking